This is Dave's fault as you can see from the below picture. Apparently Baby Bella was good luck for the Ducks in the Civil War game against the Beavers! GO DUCKS!! ;) Oh, in case you hadn't heard, the Ducks SLAUGHTERED the Beavs!
This poor girl is going to be tortured her entire life with being a Duck fan. I'm going to have to get some pink Duck stuff so she doesn't get mistaken for a boy!
We just can't keep our eyes off our new little one. She is so precious and I cannot even begin to explain the deep love, protection and adoration I have for such a small being. I didn't think I'd be able to handle a lot of what a baby dishes, like poop, spit-up, peeing on you . . . you know, the norm . . . . and EVERYONE said "it's different when it's your own" and I would roll my eyes and think, "yeah, we'll see" . . . well, they were completely right! I can't clean up anyone elses spit-up or barf, in fact I gag. I hate cleaning poopy diapers and so far I have been peed and poo'd on more than once and it hasn't fazed me, all I worry about is Isabella being clean, happy, and healthy.
Bella always is trying to put her hands up to her face, there are 4D pictures in utero we have of Bella with her hands up to her face and she is always trying to do that now, so funny how they are!
Dave had to go back to work this week :_( Yes, Bella and I are extremely sad to see him go, it is amazing what a great dad he is and was from the get go! He has had the nesting syndrome since two weeks prior to Bella arriving, it is pretty funny, I tease him about it. Our home is already clean, but if he sees one spec of dust he has to clean it. He can't stand the kitchen to have anything dirty in it. He says he absolutely cannot stop himself, he describes this desire as this uncontrollable desire to make sure the house is completely clean for his baby daughter. He is also amazing with her with feeding, burping and it is SO adorable the way he talks to her!! Yes, he talks to her all the time, SO CUTE!
Yeah, it is still weird to think that Dave and I have a daughter and we really are parents. Right now I just think I have this amazing little baby, who completely wipes me out, whom I love unconditionally . . . I guess I just don't know what a mother is supposed to feel like, but it sure is trippy to think about!
I do thank the good Lord everyday for sending me such an amazing little spirit. We love her so much and feel so blessed for so many things! We had a fantastic doctor who rearranged his schedule to be the one to deliver her, even though he wasn't on call. We had a superb nurse that was amazing throughout the whole ordeal. I really didn't think I was going to make it through delivery and I even had a epidural. I have a wonderful husband who was able to help throughout the entire birth because there were a lot of babies born that day and the nursing staff was a bit short handed. Both Dave and I thought he wouldn't be able to help or really watch the birth, we both figured he would need to be by my head, coaching me. But he was right on in there helping and witnessing the miracle of our baby daughter's birth. There are so many things to be thankful for, I just wanted to list a few of mine.
10 comments:
She is so perfect Teresa! I love her name too. And I say amen to all that you said about being a mother. You really will do anything for your own little creation.
Teresa--Hi :) Congrats!! Isabella is beautiful. Way to put into words how hopefully most moms feel. So happy for you.
Oh I'm so happy for you guys! I hadn't checked your blog in awhile and I was so happy to see what happened while I was gone. She's BEAUTIFUL and PERFECT!!! You're already the best mom in the world. I didn't have such nice things to say about Easton when he was first born...
Will you let me come hold her while I'm in Oregon for Christmas?
My dear Teresa,
I have been keeping up on you through your dad, and was so very happy to hear of your little Bella's arrival. Yes...you get it! She is adorable and a very blessed little one to come to such a loving family. It will be fun to check in on your blog and watch her grow. Congratulations and much love.
gotta love the Oregon blanket! wahoo. anyways it's so good to hear that you are doing well teresa. she is so beautiful. get some rest when you can. one wise mother once told me if you only get one one thing done the whole day you've accomplished something so take it easy. love ya dawn
Congratulations!!! She is bee-utiful! Nice to see that you are fellow bloggers--and now you are added to our list! One last thing though...GO BEAVS!!! (since I was born in Corvallis & all)
Hey Teresa! She is beautiful!!! I wish we lived closer so we could have play dates! Some day!
Congratulations! I love your thoughts on motherhood! I was also surprised at how much I could love a baby the minute I saw it! I've never really been a baby person, but man do I love my own.
she is so precious. even more adorable in person, if that is possible. thanks for letting me come hold her last night.
What a precious little girl you have:) She is simply adorable. It's amazing how much she's changed already. (Newborn pict. til now:) Classic Daddy to wrap her in his fav. team attire. (we have pink Mariner's outfits for our girls:) I hope all is well. Bella is beautiful, i love the picture of you and her sleeping, very sweet!
Post a Comment