Monday, December 5, 2011

Projects I've Been Working On

I've been doing several crafty things lately and here are a few of the projects I've been working on:

First up are holiday blocks, one side says Give Thanks and the other Merry Christmas.  A group of girls and I got together to make these and holy cow we did not know what we were in for!  I can't believe how long it took to make these suckers but I LOVE the result!  Check it out!  (if you are interested in instruction on how to make these leave a comment with an email and I will send you them)



 And here is the Christmas one in action!


A giant  fall wreath that I LOVE!  I made this for a balcony needing a little something in my home.  Now I have to make a Christmas one, but not until after Christmas to get the flowers at a much better bargain!



I was talking with one of my friends and she mentioned she'd like to do this one and I thought, wow it sounds so easy and I could really use it!  I totally get sick of fishing for my makeup in my unorganized drawer.  I also chose to make a little something for my brushes and q-tips!

Get a frame, spray paint to desired color, cut and insert sheet metal and attach magnets on the back (get the good magnets, not the already circled ones, they don't hold much weight).  For the containers I got two Mikasa crystal candlesticks from Goodwill and two candle jars from Michaels and glued them together.  I think they turned out pretty wonderful!


There are more projects coming up that I've had ideas for.  Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Kara and Chant said...

Wow, you've been busy! I love the make-up idea! Brilliant!

Craig and Stephanie said...

I love them all! Great Job T! I wish I was there to do crafts with you!

Can you send me the instructions for the blocks? I love them!

Love you guys!

Annie and Jake Callister said...

i'm so impressed!