First let me say I love my babies . . . maybe too much, as I cried several times while in Hawaii because I was away from them. Pathetic, I know. Second, I'd been having a strong desire to go to the place where Dave and I began, so Dave went online and found some tickets that were a steal. My sister was more than happy to take my babies, as I swore I'd never take Bella on a plane (at least not until she was much older). So, we went! What a great time we had! No diaper bags, getting a good nights sleep, just hanging out without having to give yourself completely for their care. It was nice! But 8 days of it was too long, it would've been better to be about 5. Call me crazy, but I felt naked without my babies.
Anyway, here are a few pictures to commemorate our vacation:
Sunset in Waikiki after I learned how to stand up paddle board (which was awesome!).
Of course we had to hit up the Dole plantation! I think we made three stops (they were on the way) to get the pineapple ice cream - SO GOOD!
Ahhh, plumerias, the best smell on the planet, gosh I miss that smell.
We went to an authentic Korean restaurant suggested by one of Dave's old mission companions.
When we lived in Hawaii as a married couple, I hated it to be honest. I hated how hard we had to work at school and our jobs so we didn't get to enjoy it. I hated being so far from family and not seeing them very often. But now that I have been away for 5 years (yikes!) I realize that part of my soul belongs there, particularly in the water. I had to get in the water everyday, I HAD to. To me Hawaii is kind of like going home, Dave and mine roots. It definitely recharged my low batteries. I am glad to be home now (just not glad that we've been dealing with illnesses since).

7 comments:
That's awesome you got to go back. Sometimes a smell or a taste triggers a memory and I am right back there. I love it there! I wish I could go back. Glad you had a wonderful time!
That pineapple ice cream made my mouth water! Maybe someday we can do a parent vacation there together. I've only been there once and I know Greg would love it.
I'm so glad you had a good time, everyone needs to go back to wherever it feels most like home :) It sounded SO nurturing for you, and I'm so happy that you got to do that...I also understand about missing your babies though!
Just so you know, I adore you guys and miss you TERRIBLY. Just saying.
Glad you had a good getaway :) I want to go there someday. It looks beautiful and romantic.
How fun for you guys! I'm glad you got recharged, it's really necessary to get away from the kids... I missed my girls while in Atlanta, but gosh, Lucas and I needed "us" time, so Fun!:)
It's now your fault that Hawaii has been placed on my Bucket List :) It looks beautiful and I'm glad you got a little down time (I can imagine it being hard leaving the little ones behind....)
Post a Comment