Monday, May 3, 2010

Out with the old

This is just a cute picture of Bella munchin on an apple on our drive home from one of her cousin's baptisms. She's putting all those teeth to good work!

This was a child's chair my aunt had FOREVER as you can tell. The fabric on it was even plastic fabric type thing, it was fugly but super resilient. I decided I'd like to reupholster the thing but didn't know how. That is when our friends the Johnstons totally stepped up. It took us a little while to have our schedules align properly but we finally did it!


Kristan and I were supposed to be the ones actually doing it and Dan was supposed to show us how (as he is pretty much the expert) but the boys took over completely, which was fine as you can see below, they did a WONDERFUL job! The boys even had to go to JoAnn's Fabric store together to get some tacs for it, I am sure they looked super cute going together ;) We love the new chair and so does Bella!


Thank you to the Johnstons for helping us out and having a good time doing it!

9 comments:

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

I LOVE how the chair turned out! Really great pattern and I like the darker wood. Well done guys! I'm sure the boys looked like quite the happy couple at JoAnn's :)

Natalie said...

Wow, what a cute chair! Great job!

Kara and Chant said...

I love that fabric! Super cute!

Julie said...

Wow, love that fabric! The only thing that would've made that chair cuter would be Bella sitting on it.

Floyd said...

Don't I get any of the credit, it was me that gave you the chair in the first place, HA. It looks great from the pictures and it will be fun to see it when we get home.

3stockdalekids said...

super cute chair I love it.

Unknown said...

i love that fabric

DK Johnston said...

For the record...mine and Dave's trip to the fabric store was totally manly! REAL MEN BUY UPHOLSTERY STUFF! It was fun to do the chair with you guys. It motivated us to overhaul so furniture of our own. Thanks for organizing it!

The Stevens: said...

Beautiful, how fun for Bella:) Ain't nothin' sexier then a crafty man:)