My lovely sister, Debra, made Bella and I matchy skirts for Easter! Aren't they cute?! We just thought it would be fun to dress up together and Bella is like my personal live doll anyway. But getting a good picture of her is nearly impossible, she is always on the move! It was even more fun when Dave came down the stairs ready for church wearing his pink tie!! Too bad we couldn't get a family photo taken!
And who knew a stupid cold could put you into false labor, twice! Bella and I have been fighting colds since Tuesday. Tuesday evening I was having braxton hicks contractions but they were extremely painful and were occuring every 4-5 minutes and lasting about 1 minute each and this went on for about 4 hours. The same thing happened on Thursday evening. For those of you who don't know, you call the doctor when you have contractions like that - it usually means you are in labor and a baby is coming. So I went into the Dr. on Friday and thank goodness the contractions hadn't done anything as far as getting me ready for labor, so baby boy is safe and sound. The Dr. explained to me that when a pregnant woman is sick the white blood cells not only attack the virus but also may try to get the baby out because the vessel (my body) isn't a super healthy place for a baby which then causes these contractions that I've been experiencing. So pretty much I get to feel lots of fun pain for nothing (not that I want something to happen as far as birth is concerned, but when you are in pain you kind of want something to show for it, like a broken leg or something! lol). Bella and I are coming out of the sickies now, which is great so hopefully these kind of contractions will stop.
9 comments:
Man, how scary! Glad you guys are ok. Good luck being healthy. And you guys are super cute in your matchy skirts. Apparently I need to be nicer to Debra. ;-)
I love the dresses. You both look beautiful. I hope you start to feel better really soon it can't be fun to be sick taking care of a little one and pregnant.
Hang in there! You guys look so cute! My mom used to make her and me matching dresses all the time and it is fun to look back at the photos of us. One time she even made a matching dress for my favorite doll. Love that Dave wore a pink tie!
That is just what you need, something to show for it like a broken leg, be glad you do not have something to show for the pain. LO
Cute skirts. That is a fun idea, I should have done that. Glad you & baby are doing ok. Is there anything I can do for you? I'd love to watch Bella for you so you can get some rest if you'd like :)
Yikes! Glad your baby stayed inside!
Hope those painful braxton hicks leave you alone from now on.
The same thing happened to me the day Nixon was born.;) Wasn't real labor, but we found out there was no amniotic fluid... and we were 37 weeks.;) Congrats on the boy! They're very different and very fun.
You're adorable:) Are you sure you're having that baby in June (right?) you look awfully small:)
You guys are so cute Teresa!!! What a beautiful Mommy! I love the skirts Debra made too.
Post a Comment