Alright, alright, I know . . . it's been almost a month. We just get so busy!! I guess sometimes we also don't think our lives are all that exciting or anything so we don't really post anything. So I guess I will just update everyone on what has been going on the last month.
We have been getting our home together. Dave built a fence with lots of help from a neighbor and help from friends! Building a fence is a heck of a lot of work, let me tell ya! Dave put in our garage door opener (not as easy as we thought it would be). Dave extended our patio last weekend he ended up lifting over 2 tons three different times (and of course, not all at once!), needless to say he is still recovering from all that cement work. We completed our backyard, minus our garden which we will plant in a couple of weeks, when we are sure to be out of the freezing nights. Dave had to break up the clay that was our backyard and we brought in all sorts of new soil, layed sod, planted shrubs, flowers, and fruit trees. We are tired. And of course, it is raining now so we cannot enjoy the fruits of our labors yet.
I have to say that we are truly blessed with wonderful family and friends who are always willing to help! They will be blessed for their service. It is a great thing to serve and I hope I will be able to serve others as well!
So I am silly and didn't take in before/after photos of the backyard. I will take some updated photos when it stops raining and looking so bleak outside, so any who are interested in the final product are just going to have to wait ;)
Here are some other photos over the past month, enjoy!
5 comments:
Sounds like you guys have some good projects going on with your new house! That is so exciting, I can't wait to see pics.
That Bella is so beautiful!
You guys have been busy. We are redoing our backyard and my 85 year old neighbor constantly reminds us.there used to be a tree there and tons of tulips over there and several vegetable gardens all over the place that have been covered up with sod. I guess that it is our turn to make the yard our own. Planting trees, gardens and new grass. Fun fun fun. Oh and your daughter is adorable. Still partial to mine though
looks like she enjoyed the coast. it will be lots more fun when they can toddle around in the sand. thanks for having us over monday, it was fun! i think the girls will be great friends :)
It's about time you posted an update. :)
We can't wait to see you guys and the house and the back yard. I'm sure it's fantastic.
I will make sure Momma Jackson looks at your blog so she can see Bella in her dress.
Miss you guys terribly!
We missed you guys too! Sorry to hear you've been having such bleak weather still. Hope Spring comes once and for all soon so you can enjoy your yard. Have fun with all the work you have to do! And as always, your baby Bella is adorable. Thanks for posting lots of pics!
p.s. 10 more weeks for us!
Post a Comment