Thursday, November 13, 2008

4 centimeters! What did you just say?!?




So, Teresa went in for her regular checkup today and they did their usual test stuff. But, then she told the doctor that she had been having some contractions lately... some that even made her sweat... so they checked her out. Apparently, Teresa is already dialated to 4 cm! Dr. Cooper told us "don't go anywhere," and "I'd be surprised if you went another two weeks." So, Teresa is really due any day now! Considering she will be 37 weeks pregnant this Sunday, the notion that the baby is likely to come at least 14 days early (closer to 18 days), came as a shock. Teresa has been measuring and coming in right on target with the expected due date at all of her visits. It just seems that she is jumping to get here! Its amazing how those two more weeks of emotional and other prep seem so much more important now! Anyway, we're gearing up for the BIG event... and planning on an early arrival.

7 comments:

Carina & Dan said...

um...exciting!!! 4cm wow, did they estimate you due date wrong? I'm so excited for you guys!!!

Diane said...

Not to put a damper on your excitement, but you could easily stay at 4 cm for a while. I was 3 cm with both my boys for 2 weeks before I had them, and I ended up being induced with both! Maybe you'll be lucky and go early! Good luck!

Natalie said...

Yeah, I have the same story as the last comment...was 3+ (whatever that means) for two or three weeks before with both my babies. My doctor really got my hopes up on my first one...but at least I had her 5 days early. I never had any painful contractions that early though, so it sounds like you really could be on your way. Good luck!

J D C and N said...

Exciting! And whatever happens just enjoy those last moments before the baby comes! It's such a fun new adventure you guys are about to start. Good luck!!

lisam said...

I cannot wait to welcome little baby Stockdale and hold her in my arms, you both are going to be amazing parents and I will be the favorite aunt Lisa.....

Emily said...

No worries, T. Both my kids came before 38 weeks, one was at 36 and they're totally fine. Trust your doctor and don't go anywhere.;) My sis-in-law went from a 4 to a 10 in about a half hour with her last baby, so it could go either way. We'll look forward to hearing your little one is here!
Em

The Stevens: said...

WOW, look at that belly! Sorry I couldn't come to your shower, I hope it was great! Once you have "baby girl" I better be on the list of people to contact:)