First, I have to say that I hate myself because I didn't take ANY pictures of this wicked fun event! I really cannot believe it. So I will just have to tell you all about it.
Dave put together an amazing 30th birthday party for me this past weekend. Family and friends were invited and it was held at Mt. Pisgah arboretum - a beautiful setting. Here is a picture of the pavilion where the party was held (it is not with the decorations for the party but similar, the Japanese lanterns were there). It was in the evening in January and as you can tell the pavilion can open all sides, so it isn't made to hold heat in. Dave set up lots of heaters to get the place warm but we still ended up needing to wear our coats and some an extra blanket - but still fun!
Dave had purple iris and white gerbera daisies on the tables. Lilac and pearl colored balloons all over as well. And the road leading up to the pavilion was lit with twinkle lights and torches. You get the idea . . .
The food was AMAZING! He got a TON of king crab, shrimp, Outback bread (which I LOVE), chowders, salmon, a vast array of cheese and crackers, Martinelli's, smoked salmon, Pork tenderloin, burgers (for those non-seafood lovers), homemade fries, mashed potatoes, grilled asparagus, delicious fruit salad, (I am sure I am forgetting something, there was a TON of food) and for desert 6 different kinds of Cheesecake Factory cheesecake! It was WONDERFUL! Of course he had to embarrass me with a "how well do you know Teresa" game and a slideshow (yikes!). Other than the embarrassing me thing and it being not so warm, it was so much fun!
Dave also set up babysitting for those who needed sitters. He commissioned several of our nieces to be the babysitters (they range in age from 18-13) and our home to be the babysitting location. I thought that was a brilliant idea as finding sitters can be extremely difficult and our nieces are the BEST! Even our nephews helped in entertaining the young ones. So great!
I know Dave had A LOT of help from my sister, Debra, and her family and, of course, Stephanie Sasser whose family came down from Seattle just for the event! Dave really couldn't have done this without Stephanie and Debra so a BIG thank you to you WONDERFUL ladies!!! And a big thank you to all of you who helped and celebrated with us, it was amazing!! I go forward with not as much trepidation to the my 30 + years.
Dave, I love you, you are amazing and wonderful! How did I ever get so lucky to land you as my forever companion and soulmate?! I love you and thank you for loving me too! Thank you for putting this all together for me!! I LOVE YOU!
The Recovery Agent - Janet Evanovich
1 day ago

8 comments:
The party was fantastic, the food wonderful and the slide show wasn't that embarrassing. :) You married a pretty good guy! Thanks for inviting us.
I was so sad we missed it, now I'm REALLY sad we missed it:)! Sounds like Dave did a great job. What a good hubby! We were planning on coming but we all got sick at our house. Hope you had a great Birthday:) How's the big 30? I'm right behind ya!
So sweet! Sounds amazing. That is quite the party to plan. You picked a keeper!
Aww...what a sweetheart hubby you have :) Glad you had a great time! And happy belated...
Are you kidding me? That is awesome.
Dave, you are the coolest.
AMAZING birthday, how special and fun!!!
Happy belated birthday!!! Your party sounds like it was amazing! Good job Dave!!!
Wow! Kudos to Dave! Wish we could've been there but you already know that.
It was a wonderful party even with the cool temperatures. Dave and helpers did an outstanding job and the food was fabulous. I did not get to see the slide show but most of the pictures came from my albums I am sure. Dave is awesome!
Post a Comment