Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Didn't realize so much was going on!


I'm domestic! I made my first batch ever of homemade strawberry jam! My friend Annie and I went and picked the strawberries and came home and made the jam. It was a lot of fun and the jam is DELICIOUS! I did burn myself in the process however :(.


Our little angel has teeth! She has actually had them for a few weeks now, but has not been very cooperative to get a picture of them, but we finally got one to show them off! Our little baby girl is growing up so fast!


Bella is now "army" crawling. She uses her elbows and arms to pull herself where she wants to go. She has started to get up on her hands and knees and has taken a few crawls that way, but still prefers the army style.

So, teething sucks. I love my baby, but this teething thing wicked stinks. Bella is now 7 months old and has not slept through the night since she was 4 months old, it is really killing me and Dave. We were really blessed in having her sleep through the night for about two months (when she was 2-4 months old), but then she stopped. She gets up several times too, we only feed her once though, but it is really getting to us. Any suggestions with the whole teething thing and not sleeping well thing would be GREAT!


Bella had some cousins come and visit, she LOVED all of the kids to play with and watch. Bobby and Dalin were really great at playing with her and keeping her entertained. Bobby and Ashley were great helpers with her too! When my sister,Debra, and her kids left, I followed them home and went to the Scholastic Book Fair in Portland! IT WAS AWESOME! It was a whole warehouse of books that were mostly 50% off! I totally scored and got quite a few children's book and even a cookbook - of which we have already used.


Happy Fathers Day to my Sweetie. It took a lot of planning and organizing, it wasn't a large production, but there was a lot to it. The main event was this. The inconspicuous gift bag that I played off as "no big deal". Dave started rummaging through it to find the gift he probably figured was another tie or some other small trinket...

Surprise! Not just a trinket here! It is an ipod touch! Just for my Sweetie! Dave's first father's day was pretty much a Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary and Happy Father's day as we didn't exchange gift for any of those events due to the building and purchase of our home. :) WE LOVE YOU DAVE!! (he really enjoys his new toy)

6 comments:

Emily said...

Oooh your jam looks yummy! I miss that about Oregon, picking strawberries. If I want to make jam I have to buy the strawberries at costco! Seems illegal.

Your baby is super cute! Teething is HORRIBLE, and it lasts forever I swear! I'm all about baby motrin.

I hope it gets better!

Craig and Stephanie said...

Great job on the strawberry jam!! We are going to go pick strawberries later in the week.

Bella is growing like a weed. Tylenonol became my friend during teething :)

J D C and N said...

Fun jam making!! John and I actually just made some blackberry jam for the first time this week from berries we picked at a local berry farm. Isn't it so satisfying to say that you made it and it's delicious?! haha So Bella is just plain adorable. Unfortunately teething is just rotten, but I'm a fan of baby motrin too- works a LOT better and faster than tylenol (but not sure what the age limits are). I've also heard that the orajel swabs work well- but that stuff just tastes nasty!

Diane said...

She is so cute! If she is waking up because her teeth hurt, just give her some Tylenol or other baby pain reliever before she goes to bed. It should buy you a few extra hours of sleep. Good luck!

lisam said...

Teething Tablets were my hero they are cheap and they worked miracles for us.....Good luck!!!!

Robbie said...

I absolutely love the one of Bella in the green sleeper. I can't wait to meet her (hopefully next April)! Glad Father's Day was a big success. :)