This is a deluxe yurt at the Umpqua Lighthouse on the Oregon Coast. It is by Winchester Bay. This is our third year in a row for going with some friends. We lucked out and had GORGEOUS weather. It was quite different this year as several of us had babies, but we made it work and had a blast! There was game playing, talking/hanging out, fire building, singing around the fire, etc. We are already planning on year #4 with the idea of going clamming and/or crabbing and hopefully it will be warm enough to go swimming in a nearby lake or even actually getting wet in the good old Pacific Ocean.We went on a hike with everybody, Luke is trying to feed a slug to his baby girl, Siena. It was a really big, slimy slug too.
Us at the dunes.
On our hike around the lake. It was a great little hike! Jake and Annie jumped out of the bushes and scared the bajonkas out of me though.
This is at the lighthouse lookout. Bella likes to stick her tongue out in the wind, it is pretty funny. She got really tired after this and pretty much had a melt down outside the museum.
We came back on Mother's Day. We took our time driving back as Bella was being very cooperative in the car for once. We checked out a couple of other lakes and campgrounds that looked incredibly inviting!
For Mother's Day Dave got me a great present, A LAPTOP!! A laptop for my very own, I've never had one before. Dave had one at BYUH however it was stolen (that was a rough day - had all of his term papers on it). Dave also made lunch and dinner which were yummy, he even made homemade bread. He let me take a nap too!
It was super special to have my very first Mother's Day. Bella is such a doll and a lot of fun (lots and lots of work too, don't get me wrong). I usually hate Mother's Day and avoid it as it would typically make me cry bringing up the realization that my mother is not here on earth. But it was very different and I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed celebrating it with others too, Motherhood is such a wonderful blessing and all Moms, Moms to be and those trying to be Moms should always be celebrated.
7 comments:
It was so much fun!!! I am so glad we went. I'll email our pictures tomorrow.
Okay that looks like so much fun! I miss Oregon camping! Glad you braved it with kids, that makes it even more fun (and not so fun in other ways).
Hey there. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on our blog. What a beautiful little girl you have! You look happy and that makes me SO happy. Of COURSE you need to keep visting our blog. Send me an email so I can send you an invite. Love ya!
Jennie
Good for you being a mother and hopefully over the crying but I do believe you have had a foil dinner on one of our campout's but only one to the best of my memory.
We love camping:) We have been to Emigrant Springs a few times and stayed in these cute little cabins. Lucas stayed in a Yurt a few years ago, when he went cross country skiing in Idaho. Looks like you had a great time!
Teresa I am so glad that you were able to enjoy a mothers day...your a very special mother and Bella was born into such special family...enjoy everyday even the rough ones...as I know you already do...Luv ya!!!
We stayed in an Oregon yurt rental at Loon Lake Resort and RV Park which is located just minutes from Reedsport, Oregon and offers year-round Oregon Coast lodging and Resort facilities. This RV Park has full-hookups, satellite TV and free Wi-fi, and sits on one mile of Loon Lake frontage (one of the Oregon Coast's most beautiful lakes). Loon Lake Lodge & Resort offers a secluded Oregon coast rv park and camping. Campers and boaters can enjoy a natural setting among soaring Douglas Fir, Western Hemlock, and Red Cedar trees. Few Oregon coast rv parks and campgrounds can compare to what this RV Park & Resort can offer.
Post a Comment