
Alright, so we've got this glider/rocker in Bella's room, so that we can rock her while we feed her and all that baby stuff that goes with having a glider. About two weeks after Bella was born, that darn thing started to CCC-RRR-EEEEEEEE-KKK all the stinkin' time. So, being the manly guy that I am, I busted out my toolset and went to work, basically taking the entire chair apart and putting it back together again. "That outta fix it," I masculinely thought to myself. I sat down, and rocked, and... that friggin' (awe... Mormon explitives) chair kept squeeking... even worse, I sware. I threw my hands up and just said, "I guess, we're just gonna have to deal with it... we can't buy a new one."
Well, Teresa, in her naive and innocent mind simply says to me... "Dave, why don't we just spray it with some WD 40?" To which I answered, "sure, hun, we can do that... whatever you think will work." Honestly thinking the whole time that it would be a waste of 5 bucks and time. So, because I thought that way, we procrastinated the day of our WD 40 repentence (buying WD 40). Finally, we were at Wally World (Wal-Mart) together a few weeks ago and Teresa's like "OH YEAH! We can't forget to get some WD 40." So we buy the silly lubricant. A few weeks go by and we didn't even try it yet.
Finally, Teresa remembers and grabs the stuff, sprays it onto the bolts and joints... all the while I'm thinking to myself "you've got to be kidding me... this isn't going to work... gosh, she's so cute when she's naive." AND, to my ultimate shock and amazement, that stubborn chair stopped squeeking, creeking, squeeling, and all the other annoying sounds I said it made, immediately, and is still annoying-noise free a few weeks later!
Just goes to show ya... sometimes the easiest solution is the right and best solution. My Teresa is such a little smarty! :) But, though she may be laughing now... little does she know that she just opened the door for her to make all future house repairs... since, she is apparently better and smarter at it than me... he he he ;)
8 comments:
You should always know that WD40 fixes EVERYTHING that squeeks!
That is freaking hillarious! Way to go T...
That is my GIRL and you better believe it. WD40 and Windex.
THe handyman's secret weapon. I am pretty sure that with WD40 and Duck Tape anything can be accomplished... I mean ANYthing...
We need to see you guys soon...
Oh and the Bella in her bed pictures are HILARIOUS!!
Jake
I hear WD40 is good around open flames too. Just a rumor I heard. . .
Wow. I too stand speechless (sorry you took it all apart to only be silenced by WD40). My Dad swears by the stuff and I always just laugh. Thankfully I haven't had to be proven wrong . . . you took it like a man Dave.
Teresa is definitely a smartie, nice to have her around:)
I love this story. Aaron went to hang blinds in our house for the first time. He put them in backwards the first time. So 8 holes later and much frustration, they were in the right way and work great. Curtains cover up any mistakes right!
Post a Comment